Description of sets
|S4 Bi - Studio Kit
||S4bi + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens
|S4 Bi - Studio DMX Kit
||S4bi + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + DMX Decoder
|S4 Bi – Reporter V-Lock Kit
||S4bi + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + V-Lock + Angle mount + Bag
|S4 Bi – Reporter DMX Kit
||S4bi + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + V-Lock + Angle mount + Bag + DMX Decoder
- Luminous flux of up to 2600 lm
- Light beam angle: 30, 60, 90 or 120 degrees
- CRI Ra = 95 (V-WHITE version: 98)
- Maximum electric power: 30 W
- Supply voltage: 13–18 V
Akurat S4 Bi - bi-colour model with stepless colour temperature adjustment capability
This 30 × 26 cm aluminium illuminator is equipped with highly efficient high-CRI SMD (surface-mounted) LEDs and replaceable optics.
Its optical system consists of 4 sets of TIR (total internal reflection) lenses that affect the two basic photometric parameters of the device: light beam angle and maximum attainable lighting intensity.
State-of-the-art high-CRI multiluminophore LEDs and a modern microprocessor-based controller allow the device to emit a strong and high-quality luminous flux that is completely free from the flickering effect. Replaceability of optics enables to modify the light’s photometric properties within a wide range.
Akurat S4 allows to adjust light output practically without affecting colour temperature. It is a tool perfect for use both in outdoor filming locations and in the studio. The optional DMX512 controller enables to control the light remotely in television studios or when the light is hard to reach.
- Photometric properties of the light can be modified by replacing optics
- No flickering effect, suitable for illuminating locations and sets filmed in slow motion at any frame rate
- Stepless colour temperature adjustment capability as well as switching between standard daylight and tungsten colour temperature settings
- Freely adjustable brightness (0–100%)
- DMX512 signal control capability (option)
- Several indications: current colour temperature in K, per cent brightness, battery voltage
- Non-volatile user settings memory
- Can be powered by common and inexpensive NP-F batteries or other camera batteries, including those of the V-Lock type
- High efficiency and low operating temperature
- Aluminium housing
- Highly robust, resistant to shocks and moisture
- Long service life
- Intuitive operation
S4 is equipped with 4 sets of TIR lenses as standard. Replaceability of lenses allows the user to adapt the parameters of a particular device to his or her current needs. Thus it is possible to illuminate wide frames from a small distance as well as to achieve high lighting intensity with low power consumption.
There are three types of lenses available, differing in terms of angle: 30, 60 and 90 degrees. With lenses removed, the light emits a 120-degree light beam. The table below shows the photometric properties of individual S4 models configured with different optics.
Control panel and user memory in S4bi
In the back of S4 there is a control panel consisting of buttons for device operation, a display for indicating current per cent brightness setting and current colour temperature expressed in kelvins (only in S4bi), diodes signalling the operation mode, battery seats (optional) and mains power supply socket. Controllers of S4bi lights have a non-volatile memory for three panel presets that include brightness and colour temperature settings. Calling the presets from individual memory units is done by pressing the related memory buttons; storing a preset requires holding the chosen button pressed for a while. Indicators found next to the buttons signal the use of memory.
The unique functionality of Akurat S4 comes from the multitude of battery supply options. There are adapters available for powering the light from 14.4 V batteries with a V-Mount. The controller of the device is equipped with a battery state tester. Current battery voltage is indicated with an accuracy of 0.1 V. The device signals low battery by flashing indicators.
S4 is equipped with a fixing yoke made from aluminium profiles. The yoke enables to orientate the light in two axes. The light can be fixed in the vertical axis with convenient adjustable levers, while fixing to a tripod or in the horizontal axis is done by means of a standard female 5/8” adapter. One accessory useful for tripod mounting is an adjustable head that enables to position the yoke at any angle. It is also possible to equip the head with a diffuser umbrella.
- Lenses 30 degrees for S4 Illuminator
- Kit of lenses 30+90 degrees for S4 Iluuminator
- Barndoors for S4 Illuminator
- Angle fixing yoker
- Bag for DL3120/S4
- Reserve AC adapter for Akurat LED panelsDL3120/S4/S8bi
- DMX512 signal control