Description of sets
|S8d - Studio Kit||S8d + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens|
|S8d - Studio DMX Kit||S8d + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + DMX Decoder|
|S8d – Reporter V-Lock Kit||S8d + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + V-Lock + Angle mount + Bag|
|S8d – Reporter DMX Kit||S8d + AC Adapter + 60 degrees lens + V-Lock + Angle mount + Bag + DMX Decoder|
- Luminous flux of up to 10000lm
- Light beam angle: 30, 60, 90 or 120 degrees
- CRI Ra = 95 (V-WHITE version: 98)
- Maximum electric power: 100W
- Supply voltage: 13–20 V
Akurat S8d - Daylight model
This high-power 51x30cm aluminium illuminator is equipped with highly efficient high-CRI SMD (surface-mounted) LEDs and replaceable optics.
Its optical system consists of 8 sets of TIR (total internal reflection) lenses that affect the two basic photometric parameters of the device: light beam angle and maximum attainable lighting intensity.
Our production program covers monochromatic lights S8d and S8t (respectively daylight and tungsten), as well as vertical versions of all these models, designated S8V. If you prefer vertical option please let us know after purchase.
State-of-the-art high-CRI multiluminophore LEDs and a modern microprocessor-based controller allow the device to emit a strong and high-quality luminous flux that is completely free from the flickering effect. Replaceability of optics enables to modify the light’s photometric properties within a wide range.
Akurat S8 allows to adjust light output practically without affecting colour temperature. It is a tool perfect for use both in outdoor filming locations and in the studio. The optional DMX512 controller enables to control the light remotely in television studios or when the light is hard to reach.
- Photometric properties of the light can be modified by replacing optics
- Very High Power
- No flickering effect, suitable for illuminating locations and sets filmed in slow motion at any frame rate
- Stepless colour temperature adjustment capability as well as switching between standard daylight and tungsten colour temperature settings
- Freely adjustable brightness (0–100%)
- DMX512 signal control capability (option)
- Several indications: current colour temperature in K, per cent brightness, battery voltage
- Non-volatile user settings memory
- Can be powered by common and inexpensive NP-F batteries or other camera batteries, including those of the V-Lock type
- High efficiency and low operating temperature
- Aluminium housing
- Highly robust, resistant to shocks and moisture
- Long service life
- Intuitive operation
S8 is equipped with 8 sets of TIR lenses as standard. Replaceability of lenses allows the user to adapt the parameters of a particular device to his or her current needs. Thus it is possible to illuminate wide frames from a small distance as well as to achieve high lighting intensity with low power consumption.
There are three types of lenses available, differing in terms of angle: 30, 60 and 90 degrees. With lenses removed, the light emits a 120-degree light beam. The table below shows the photometric properties of individual S8 models configured with different optics.
Control panel and user memory in S8d
In the back of S8 there is a control panel consisting of buttons for device operation, a display for indicating current per cent brightness setting, diodes signalling the operation mode, battery seats (optional) and mains power supply socket.
The unique functionality of Akurat S8 comes from the multitude of battery supply options. There are adapters available for powering the light from 14.4 V batteries with a V-Mount. The controller of the device is equipped with a battery state tester. Current battery voltage is indicated with an accuracy of 0.1 V. The device signals low battery by flashing indicators.
S8 is equipped with a fixing yoke made from aluminium profiles. The yoke enables to orientate the light in two axes. The light can be fixed in the vertical axis with convenient adjustable levers, while fixing to a tripod or in the horizontal axis is done by means of a standard female 5/8” adapter. One accessory useful for tripod mounting is an adjustable head that enables to position the yoke at any angle. It is also possible to equip the head with a diffuser umbrella.
- Lenses 30, 60 or 90 degrees for S8 Illuminator
- Barndoors for S8 Illuminator
- Angle fixing yoker
- Bag for S8
- Reserve AC adapter for Akurat LED panels S8/S8d
- DMX512 signal control